• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlexbAlexb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Adam VandenbergAdam Vandenberg responded  · 

Can you be more specific? How would you like such a feature to behave, exactly? Project settings are already embedded into a .eprj file in the project root.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave SmithDave Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Three key points:

1) Ability to save "Projects".
        2) "Project" panel to have multiple tabs - allows for switching between Projects
        3) Ability to build up "Projects" by selecting files in different directories (not all my projects are under one directory).

• Elia SchitoElia Schito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also it would be important to have a strict project scope (like TM) which for each window opens only files from that project, any other file goes to its own window.

• donnomandonnoman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was frustrated with the fact that open recent project wasn't saving the projects that I had opened between loads. I'm not sure if that was by design, or because the editor kept crashing, and I'm not sure I had a normal exit before I gave up using it.

• rogerpack2005rogerpack2005 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also nice would be saving the expanded file system tree [whatever it was last expanded to].
        So you don't have to re-expand it every time you open e

• anlekanlek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with rojaro, to be able to save my workspace (even if it's in the .eproj file) per project. So if I open folderA (as a project) I'd get the files I was working on in folder A, and if I open folderB, I get all the files that I was working on in folderB.

• AlexbAlexb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have something similar to textmate. being able to save a project as a file on my desktop which I can click on later to load the project very fast. I'm working on several rails apps and I want to be able to switch between them as easy as a click.

• rojarorojaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i believe he means to save the workspace (opened files, cursor positions, selected text etc.)

• dangdangdangdang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want a drop down menu at the top of the "Project Panel" that I can click on to switch between saved projects.

Feedback and Knowledge Base