E Text Editor

Welcome to the E Text Editor ideas page. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

Suggest your idea ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. E without cygwin!

cygwin is great but It's a bit slow on windows, and feels like an uninvited guest in this environment. it would be great to have E editor working directly with windows shell. if ruby, python or any other scripting languages are needed they could be installed directly on windows.
    I know, technically, this might not be possible due to E architecture but if you are also pissed off with cygwin part of E you can show it by voting for this feature request!

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: http://e-texteditor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13090#13090

When you say you would like “E without Cygwin”, do you mean you would like the option to remove Cygwin and/or prevent it from installing entirely, thus accepting the fact that most, if not all, of the Bundle Commands will cease to work? Or do you mean you would like all of the Bundle Commands that are provided with E to work in Windows Native mode, thus completely negating the need for Cygwin?

Given that most, if not all, of the Bundles are a product of the Textmate community, rather than the TextMate developer, I think it is unrealistic to expect the one and only E developer, i.e., Alexander, to port them all. Additionally, who would then port any subsequent updates to the TextMate bundles? Really, it should be up to the E community to port any Bundles it feels could benefit from being “Windows Native”.

• Match directories in "Go to File" dialog

When trying to find a file using the "Go to File" dialog, I'd like e to match whole path, not only file name.

In many web frameworks you've got equal file names and only file path is different.

Results list should also contain full path, not just the file name.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)